Stanhope House day Nursery Limited is an independent company run by owner Philippa Lambden NNEB.
Philippa was manager at Stanhope from January 1980 and subsequently became owner in July 2004
We aim to provide a happy and secure environment for the children in our care, with the help of a curriculum which is stimulating physically, intellectually, emotionally and socially.
We pride ourselves on our capacity to respond to each child individually, according to his or her own needs and rate of development.
We do our best to ensure that all staff and children are fair to each other and to themselves and that the nursery is characterised by an atmosphere of mutual trust and encouragement.
The Early Years Foundation stage provides the statutory framework for young children's learning and development from birth.
We consistently achieve the high standard of food safety by the environmental health.
OFSTED registered number EY28247.
Company number 500068
We have a varied programme of regular events for you and your child.
We encourage parents to help out when we go on visits or theatre trips.
- We have weekly child Yoga sessions for children aged 2yrs 6mths upwards
- Regular visits from the Book Bus a local council initiative
- A hairdresser visits every 6 weeks
- Birthday and leaving parties: you provide the cake and we do the rest
- Regular cooking activities which the children which they can then take home
- Parents evening, you receive a detailed report on your child and you are able to discuss your child’s progress, also to look around the nursery at leisure and view activities each room has to offer.
- We have a professional photographer who visits once a year
- Visits to the local fire station, police and ambulance when possible.
- Other visits to the museum etc
- Also we attend the theatre when possible at the De Montfort Hall and the Leicester University David Attenborough building Embrace Arts
We will also update you on any extra events we may be holding throughout the year such as Bring and Buy cake sale.
Our newsletter is published 4 times a year.
Policies and procedures
We aim to provide the best possible care and education in Stanhope Day Nursery please ask the manager to view the policies and procedures and also to discuss any queries you may have about the content. Our policies include – Health and Safety – Parental Involvement- Safeguarding Children – EYFS.
Complaints - you are entitled to make a formal complaint about any aspect of your child’s experience that gives you cause for concern. The procedure for making a complaint is available for you as well as the telephone number for Ofsted.
Stanhope nursery provides child care services for children under 5 years the fees received cover the total running costs of the nursery we try to keep these at a reasonable rate so we subsidise by holding various events during the year.
Support can be through a variety of ways – baking and buying at our’ bring and buy’ cake sale.
By collecting vouchers from Sainsbury’s and Tescos where we are able to exchange for equipment for the nursery.
You can also see how well we have done with our cake sales and what we will be spending the money on.
Visit our newsletter to get details of forthcoming events