Stanhope House Day Nursery is an independent Company, established in 1975.
We are registered by the Early Years OFSTED to take children aged between six weeks and five years. There are thirty-seven children in all, who are looked after by a Manager, eleven qualified nursery practitioners which includes an Early Years Professional with auxiliary help from a cook and a cleaner.
The Nursery is owned by Ruth Ryan NNEB who started as manager at Stanhope in February 2005 and became owner in November 2017.
We aim to provide a happy and secure environment for the children in our care, with the help of a curriculum which is stimulating physically, intellectually, emotionally and socially.
We pride ourselves on our capacity to respond to each child individually, according to his or her own needs and rate of development.
We do our best to ensure that all staff and children are fair to each other and to themselves and that the nursery is characterised by an atmosphere of mutual trust and encouragement.
The Early Years Foundation stage provides the statutory framework for young children’s learning and development from birth.
We consistently achieve the high standard of food safety by the environmental health.
OFSTED registered number EY284247. Check the OFSTED website for our latest inspection report.
Registered in England and Wales under Company number 5000568.
We have a varied programme of regular events for you and your child.
We encourage parents to help out when we go on visits or theatre trips.
- We have weekly child Yoga sessions for children aged 2yrs 6mths upwards.
- Regular visits from the Book Bus a local council initiative.
- A hairdresser visits every 6 weeks.
- Birthday and leaving parties: you provide the cake and we organise the party, with games, special party hats etc.
- Regular cooking activities which the children which they can then take home.
- Parents evening, you receive a detailed report on your child and you are able to discuss your child’s progress, also to look around the nursery at leisure and view activities each room has to offer.
- Visits to the local fire station, police and ambulance when possible.
- Other visits to the museum, local parks etc.
- Also we attend the theatre when possible at the De Montfort Hall and the Leicester University David Attenborough building Embrace Arts.
- Many festivals, such as Diwali, Eid, Christmas, Chinese New Year and Easter are celebrated; we welcome generous help offered by parents with particular details and customs concerning festivals.
- Music, mime and movement sessions.
- We will also update you on any extra events we may be holding throughout the year such as our Easter or Summer garden or our Christmas Extravaganzas.
Policies and Procedures
We aim to provide the best possible care and education in Stanhope Day Nursery please ask the manager to view the policies and procedures and also to discuss any queries you may have about the content. Our policies include – Health and Safety – Parental Involvement – Safeguarding Children – EYFS.
Complaints: You are entitled to make a formal complaint about any aspect of your child’s experience that gives you cause for concern. The procedure for making a complaint is available for you as well as the telephone number for Ofsted.
Stanhope nursery provides child care services for children under 5 years the fees received cover the total running costs of the nursery we try to keep these at a reasonable rate so we subsidise by holding various events during the year.
Support can be provided in a variety of ways – through Cake sales, tombolas and much, much more. You can also see how well we have done with our cake sales and what we will be spending the money on.
To discuss other ways in which you could support Stanhope House Day Nursery please contact email@example.com.