Situated in a converted Victorian villa, Stanhope House Day Nursery has been operating as a nursery for over 45 years, so we’ve had plenty of opportunity to adapt the building to our needs.
Our nursery rooms have been specially adapted to suit the needs and requirements for each age group.
With our extensive, enclosed gardens, our children have plenty of opportunity to play outside.
We have 3 fully equipped nursery rooms. They are:
Stanhope House Day Nursery is also situated in its own secure grounds. The large high fenced garden provides a secluded part lawn and part paved playground so that children can play outside throughout the year.
Outside our children can:
- Have access to a wide variety of resources from our garden toy store.
- Play in the garden on the permanent play equipment
- Make mud pies and explore their environment
- Use natural resources to build and find out about the world around them
- Opportunities to develop the skills associated with managing risk
- Free play
- Big group activities
- All outdoor play supports all developmental areas including physical and social skills
- Our garden is designed to be used throughout the year in all weather for all our age groups.
At Stanhope Nursery safety is always our first prioirty. We have the following safety and security devices in operation:
- A biometric door entry system
- When children are playing in the garden both the front and back gate are bolted.
- Off road parking
- All staff are Health and Safety trained
- All staff are enhanced DBS checked
- All visitors have to sign in.
All meals are cooked in our own kitchen and make full use of fresh fruit and vegetables.
We consistently achieve the highest standard in the Food Hygiene Rating award which can be viewed online at http://ratings.food.gov.uk/Welcome.aspx
Our menu (sample) is devised on a four week basis and we cater for all dietary requirements.
We provide for example, a vegetarian and non-vegetarian meal every day. We offer milk and water to drink. Sugary drinks are avoided.
Stanhope day Nursery is part of the Leicester ‘Eat Better to Start Better’ programme supporting children and their families to meet their nutritional needs.
This included a 2 hour training course and regular updates covering the Welfare and Nutrition requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
We are also accredited with the ‘Healthy Teeth, Happy Smiles’ scheme which aims to improve the Oral Health of children in Leicester and reduce tooth decay and associated health issues. We are audited annually and supported by receiving free tooth brushes and toothpaste for all the children. Our staff provide supervised tooth brushing sessions on a daily basis where our children learn how to brush their teeth correctly.